A beautiful antique bronze necklace. This Victorian-style necklace is simply gorgeous, stunning, and breathtaking. The color of bronze and shades of purple give this necklace a feminine, yet delicate design. With the Fall Season upon us, I wanted to design a necklace to wear for Fall and Winter. I can see you wearing this necklace with a beautiful sweater or a button-down crisp blouse.
The main focal point of this necklace is a Vintaj natural brass Triplasian leaf charm. I love to change the look of some of my jewelry pieces to give them the appearance of the Victorian Era and that's what I did. I took the leaf charm and patinated it with Amethyst magic wax. I wanted to actually see what a purple leaf would look like. I am very pleased with the purple color on the leaf. I added Mod podge to seal the wax and give the leaf charm a gorgeous shine. Once the leaf and bead cap was completed I added a Swarovski Bordeaux crystal pearl for a more o unique style. The Bordeaux color is so rich you can taste it. I also added a Czech merlot cruller bead to this necklace to add sparkle. Swarovski Bordeaux crystal pearl surrounded and wrapped with a bronze-plated vintage leaf bead cap which I also patinated with purple paint. A gorgeous TierraCast bronze plated acorn charm was added along with a Victorian-style clock charm. I have also added all the beads and charm to a Terra Cast round link. The gorgeous curb and figure 8 chain complete this Victorian Style necklace.
What does a pearl symbolize?
Pearls are the ultimate symbol of wisdom. Valued for their calming effects, pearls represent serenity, while being able to strengthen valuable relationships and convey a sense of safety. Pearls also symbolize purity, as well as integrity, and loyalty.
Despite the many different things pearls are said to symbolize, the most widely held meaning among people today is pearl's as a symbol of the purity and loyalty of its wearer. This is one reason why more and more brides are opting to wear pearls on their wedding day.
- 12mm Swarovski Bordeaux crystal pearl.
- 6x9 mm Czech Merlot cruller bead.
- 29x24 mm Vintaj natural brass Triplasian leaf charm
- TierraCast antique gold plated acorn leaf charm.
- Antique bronze vintage leaf bead cap (dated 1950's) which has been patinated in purple.
- Antique bronze plated clock charm.
- Antique bronze plated head pins, large lobster clasp, and jump rings.
- Antique bronze plated chain. The style is a curb and figure 8 (so gorgeous). The chain is lead-free and nickel free.
- Tierra Cast bronze plated link.
- Finnabair Art Alchemy Antique Brilliance Wax color Amethyst magic.
- Mod Podge.
Size: 24 inches long. Please note: the round link and charms add another 2 1/2 inches to the length.
Weight: .65 ounces. So it's super lightweight.
A great gift idea or to keep this one for yourself.
Your item comes in a gift box ready for gifting.
Victorian Style Treasures
For the Modern Romantic Woman